City Weekend Readers’ Choice Awards is one of the biggest annual event in Beijing, Shanghai and Suzhou. And this is also the biggest event that I have done in my career so far.
I was very lucky to have the trust and confidence from my director and manager to assign me as the event organizer and project leader for this event when I had been working with them only for a few months. This project was a complete challenge to me. Since everyone was new in Marketing team, none of us participated in organizing the previous awards. I had to start everything from zero without any direction from anyone. There was loads of hard work behind the glamorous event:
- Planning timeline for the awards: voting period, campaign promotion, award ceremony
- Nomination with Editorial and Sales
- Voting Site development and maintenance
- Campaign promotion
- Award theme and main visual design
- Award ceremony preparation: venue and sponsor hunting and negotiation, event ideas and rundown, invitation and program design
- Plaque design and production
- Award ceremony execution
I worked day and night for three months straight. Three cities had different content and it required extra time and effort to communicate with partners and complete tasks. I’m not gonna lie that I had thought about giving up many times. Thank you to my team for giving me support and assistance to not only accomplished a successful event together, but also a big milestone in my career. I couldn’t do that without them.
If you would like to know more about the awards, you can visit: